What is your current state of financial wellness? Take this quiz and feel free to share with friends and family.
FINANCIAL WELLNESS QUESTIONAIRE: (Answer YES/NO, if you’re not sure then the answer is probably ‘no’)
- Are you happy and satisfied with your money situation?
- Do you have a solid retirement plan besides social security?
- Do you have plenty of money each month for all your expenses? Particularly, housing, food, clothing, transportation?
- Do you use cash (or cash equivalent) for everything?
- If you have credit cards, do you pay the full balances off each month?
- Do you have more than three month’s salary saved and could you pay cash (or cash equivalent) for an emergency expense over $1000 if it happened today?
- After you pay all your expenses each month, are you able to save money each month toward major purchases, vacations, home expenses, medical needs, retirement, etc?
- Do you plan a budget each month and stick to it?
- Do you have a credit score of 750 and above?
10/10 YES: YOUR ARE AMAZING and a leader in financial wellness. I’d love to hear your story!
8-9 YES: Congratulations! You are well above the average person in financial wellness, but may want to consider some minor improvements in what you are doing.
5-8 YES: You are a bit above the average person, but probably not really satisfied with your financial wellness and experience at least mild to moderate stress over finances. You are most likely to be at risk especially if some unforseen expenses or unexpected financial situation comes your way. With some guidance and coaching, you may be able to reach a high level of financial wellness and security in a reasonable time.
0-4 YES: Sadly, you are FINANCIALLY UNWELL or at very high risk for being FINANCIALLY UNWELL. You are probably very concerned and stressed about your finances and it is likely to interfere with your happiness, relationships, satisfaction, and create other negative effects of stress in your life, health and well-being. Without some mindful action to get on track, things are unlikely to get better, but with with the right motivation for change and a blueprint plan, you can turn this situation around. Be hopeful because you are not alone in your situation and many others in similar situations have made the changes needed to change their lives. You now have an advantage because you are aware and can make the necessary decisions and take the steps to design your future. It may take a lot of effort and some time depending on your particular situation, but the sooner you start the sooner you will feel and live the benefits.
Are you wondering what you can do now? If you are concerned about your financial wellness, want to improve your financial wellness, or just want to learn more, read on: Is financial coaching the answer?